[GNC] Gnucash keeps crashing with Online Banking Setup Wizard

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 18:20:51 EST 2019

Online banking and OFX downloads are two completely different things.  Very
few users in the US, at least, are having good luck with online banking.  I
have seen some reports that the developers are not getting the help they
need to debug the issues they are finding.

However, OFX imports are usually successful.  There may be a few financial
institutions that are building bad files, but I have good luck with all the
banks I use.  I do import American Express OFX files, although the last one
was in October, as I did not have enough transactions after that to be
worth downloading.  I am still using GnuCash 2.6.19, which is out of date,
but I don't think that feature is broken in 3.7 or 3.8.

David Carlson

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 4:53 PM Traveler12 <alangnuc at bigtowers.net> wrote:

> Same problem here, and not getting any answers, either. gnucash won't work
> with Chase or Amex OFX downloads.
>

> --

David Carlson