[GNC] How to handle bounced check

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Sat Feb 2 07:11:06 EST 2019

Mike,

In such cases, you could try creating a credit note - this will reverse both the invoice and the bank deposit and you have the audit trail.

Then create a new invoice (but this time, wait until the cheque gets credited to your bank). You can always pre-date invoices after the cheque has cleared.

FYI - credit note is on the same window as invoice creation - whenever you click on new invoice, the window that pops up has an option for you to specify whether it’s a new invoice or a new credit note (it defaults to new invoice).

Cheers.