[GNC] I just need a line feed

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Feb 7 15:51:14 EST 2019

On 2/7/19 12:34 PM, Richard Marmor wrote:
>    On 1/27 I posted the request for help below to which there have been
>    no replies.  Is there no one out there who understands .SCM files?
>    Help . . .
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>    ------------------
>    In Gnucash 2.6.21, the standard report title for an Income Statement
>    appears as:
>    [Company Name][Report Title] For Period Covering [start date] to [end
>    date]
>    all on one long line, which for my purposes is too lengthy.
>    In the report's generator file, income-statement.scm, I found this:
>    (gnc:html-document-set-title!
>     doc (sprintf #f
>             (string-append "%s %s "
>                      (_ "For Period Covering %s to %s"))
>             company-name report-title
>                   (gnc-print-date start-date-printable)
>                   (gnc-print-date end-date-tp)))
>    Can someone please tell me how to modify that to insert a line feed
>    so the report title will appear on two lines as:
>               [Company Name][Report Title]
>                For Period Covering [start date] to [end date]
>    I am not a programmer.  I tried reading some of the help information
>    among the SCM files, but frankly it was all Greek to me. Help would
>    be appreciated.
>    Thank you!
> _

I'm slowly learning Scheme.  I general a <LF> is a decimal 10 or 0x0A in
the ASCII collating sequence.  In the Nix world you can use an \n to
represent it.

Try changing:  "For Period Covering %s to %s"

               To:  "\nFor Period Covering %s to %s"

Or do a search for "linefeed in Scheme".  Scheme may need a way for you
to escape the escape sequence.  Don't know.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net