[GNC] I just need a line feed

Richard Marmor Richard at Arbour.cc
Thu Feb 7 17:32:49 EST 2019

   Thank you for the prompt reply!
   It worked!
   After a couple of failed tries, I found that it works if the <br> is
   inserted inside of the closing quotes:
       (string-append "%s %s <br>"
   Much appreciated.
   At 01:45 PM Thursday, Derek Atkins wrote:

     Hi,
     On Thu, February 7, 2019 3:34 pm, Richard Marmor wrote:
     [snip]
     >    (gnc:html-document-set-title!
     >     doc (sprintf #f
     >             (string-append "%s %s "   <------ add <br> here
     >                      (_ "For Period Covering %s to %s"))
     >             company-name report-title
     >                   (gnc-print-date start-date-printable)
     >                   (gnc-print-date end-date-tp)))
     >    Can someone please tell me how to modify that to insert a line
     feed
     >    so the report title will appear on two lines as:
     >               [Company Name][Report Title]
     >                For Period Covering [start date] to [end date]
     >    I am not a programmer.  I tried reading some of the help
     information
     >    among the SCM files, but frankly it was all Greek to me. Help
     would
     >    be appreciated.
     Have you tried adding <br> at the end of the "%s %s" above?
     >    Thank you!
            Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
            derek at ihtfp.com             [1]www.ihtfp.com