[GNC] postpone reconciliation broken: ignores my changes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Feb 8 18:54:49 EST 2019

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 2:02 PM, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, the first file was modified on 8th Feb at 00:01, followed by the lock file at 00:03.
>
> The MDH.gnucash.tmp-ea6yhc file isn’t a text file like the others, so I suspect that it’s part of the compression process that eventually results in a new MDH.gnucash file.

That file that was touched at 00:01 is the previous session's log file as is indicated by the timestamp in the file name.

Try renaming the tmp file to something ending in gz and then run gunzip on it. Unless the gzip is borked it should turn into a text file.
After that diff it with MDH.gnucash to see what's been added or deleted.

Regards,
John Ralls