[GNC] Backup recovery

Finbar Mahon mahon.finbar at neuf.fr
Mon Feb 11 08:24:32 EST 2019

Wow, this is getting (more) complicated -

You said -

[When Gnucash starts, it *normally* opens the file that was open when
you shutdown last time around,

so it is fairly easy to get the wrong one by mistake if you've been
digging in the folder.]

I just booted up GNUcash without any 'digging' and got  -

On the bottom of the screen.

which follows your information, as the 'second' file? right ? so, I go
to file>open and I get -

etc., etc. None of which have the date that is on the open GNUcash file.
Maybe it is one of the files marked 'wed'? but the dates don't match.

So I look further down the list of files under file > open and I finally
come to -

The only file on these two grabs which fits your name criteria is the
very first one above but the date is almost a year ago, and none of the
others in the second grab seem to fit the criteria.

:-( I am truly sorry for the long sequence of q&a but I am accustomed to
assuming the file I last used opens again after I 'save' and 'quit'

Thank you very much for your patience.

Finbar