[GNC] Can't delete security

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 12:27:20 EST 2019

@Derek,
Many thanks for your advice. Believe me, I've tried. Unfortunately, it
is a mystery to me why any account should still be using this security.
As mentioned below, I have deleted both the initial transaction and the
investment account I created for the security.  I don't know why any
other account should reference it.

@anyone,
How can I find out which account GnuCash thinks is using this security?
It occurred to me that I might be able to find out by doing a text
search of the GnuCash file, as I have understood that it is XML.
However, I cannot open it in mousepad, as it complains that the encoding
is not UTF-8.
Any hints as to how to proceed would be most welcome.