[GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Feb 17 07:18:25 EST 2019

Hi Christopher,

Tanks for alerting me to the GST report

I've been wondering about MTD too. AIUI I'm OK for my return due in April, but
I need to have something in place for the end of July.  My plan was to
eventually select some bridging software, and feed it with numbers from my
existing saved transaction reports that I've been using for many years to get
the correct reporting totals.

That GST report looks like it might be just the thing to save an intermediate
step of a spreadsheet to combine my reports into one list of totals to feed
into the bridge.

my concerns at the moment is how compatible the bridging solutions are with
Linux / Libre Office, and what a stupid idea it is to implement this at the same
time as all the potential massive changes to the rules as a result of UK
leaving the EU.

Maf.