[GNC] Memorized Transaction List

Stephen sjp at stephenjpidcock.com
Sun Feb 17 10:26:12 EST 2019

I couldn't find a way to practical way import new transactions, say QFX, into
an account, say a new Credit Card Account, and easily create new Expense
Accounts from either the Generic Import Transaction Matcher or the Credit
Card Account.

Even Quicken 2002 makes matching transactions to non setup accounts a
breeze. Perhaps a separate  Memorized Transaction List window where
transactions and their accounts could be created, assigned or reassigned.

There is no shortcut to create a new account. There is no extensive list of
shortcuts in the documentation.

When you try to search if there is an exiting account within the GITM or
within an account "Account" drop-down column to change from Imbalance, one
needs to type the whole "Expense:Utilites:Gas" instead of "Gas".

Has anyone else struggled with the GITM? For example, it took me some time
just to realize that the Window itself, does not open to default maximized
(Windows 7 o/s) and the A, U+R, R, Info columns might be missed if you
didn't  know to drag the window open.

Anyone starting without Quicken files, who would like to import hundreds of
transactions and easily creating new sub accounts might find it easier with
a "Memorized Transaction List" window.