[GNC] Closing books questions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 21 00:59:09 EST 2019

If you don’t ‘close books’ there really aren’t any ‘brought forward’ numbers. (there’s nothing to bring forward from, the books are still ‘open')

If your books don’t agree with your CPA, you’ll have to make the adjusting entries he recommends.

You won’t lose the >2017 transactions, but your reporting abilities might be more limited. Unlike other accounting applications, you don’t have to close the books with GnuCash, but your accounts can still balance and be correct.

Someone who regularly performs the close book operation should be able to lend more assistance.

Regards,
Adrien