[GNC] Changing account numbers?

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 21 17:48:55 EST 2019

Dan, David

My bad. As David Carlson pointed out the real problem is resetting the
association of the OFX account name to a GnuCash account when importing data
and simply editing the name will likely not do that. I faced this a few
years ago when my credit card was hacked and used fraudulently. In my case I
was fortunate and even though the bank issued a new card and closed down the
old card and the account was ostensibly identified by the card number in
statements etc, in practice the account id used if the OFX files did not
change so importing data continued to work for me. That of course may not be
the case with all banks.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens