[GNC] Optimising migration via qif

Jonathan Williams jw at cdlnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 03:40:00 EST 2019

I am trying to migrate from MS Money to GNC using qif files for each account,
and am meeting problems with the importer.  It asks me to check many
hundreds of transactions, and if I skip this it results in hundreds of
missing transactions (not duplicates, which would be easier to resolve).
I'm thinking of starting afresh, and some advice would be much appreciated.
I have explored the FAQ and forum but can't find answers I need.
Specifically:
1) Is it better to set up the CoA before I start, or import first and then
edit accounts later?  I assumed the former, but not 100% sure.
2) Is it better to import one account at a time, or all together with
multiple qif files?  I have seen both suggested...
3) Would it help to import, say, one year of data to train the druid and
then the rest?
Thanks in advance for your help.