[GNC] Accounting for gold coins

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Feb 24 09:51:29 EST 2019

Gary,

I turned on Trading Accounts and set them in their own account with XAU as the currency. (not exactly the best price source, but it saves me having to look it up and it is ‘close enough’ for estimating net worth until I decide to sell them)

I entered them in the account as ounces.

I did the same with silver using XAG.

I’m still not certain if having Trading Accounts turned on is strictly necessary. I haven’t noticed any issues or errors with them activated.

For numismatics I book them in their own separate account but in USD at purchase price. (and mark to sell price if I ever let go of them)

Regards,
Adrien