[GNC] unexplained reconciliation dollar amounts

jeffrey black beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:43:09 EST 2019

Running GnuCash Version: 3.2 Build ID: 3.2+ (2018-06-24) Finance::Quote:
- on Windows 10 pro 1803.

Several days ago I had Gnucash abruptly shutdown, no warnings, no
windows error reports. Just like someone flipped a switch and GnuCash
was gone.  I was shocked but; when I restarted GnuCash, working with the
same accounts, everything was fine.  And before you ask, no I didn't
think to look at the log files.

It was several days latter when I went to reconcile 2 other bank
accounts that my troubles began.  The previously reconciled ending
account balances (in the reconcile window) are off by several thousands
of dollars.  I would prefer to not enter anymore entries in the
"unexplained transaction amounts" account, Quicken created quite enough
thank you.

By the time I discovered the issue, I did not have a data-file old
enough to revert to.

Is there a way to change the stored ending reconciled dollar amount in
the data files to the correct numbers?  Or would I be better off to just
enter another "unexplained transaction amounts" entry in order to get
the accounts to balance at the statements ending balance.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.