[GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 25 13:08:17 EST 2019

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 7:20 AM, vinod gandhi <vinodgandhi1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear sir,
>
> I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
> downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
> launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
> icon.
>
> I would like you to help me in launching this.

Vinod,

There is no setup file. The file you should have downloaded is a disk image containing GnuCash.app, Update Finance::Quote.app, and some text files. To install just open the disk image and drag GnuCash.app (the .app part might not display depending on your Finder view preferences) to a regular folder. Most users put it in Applications. Once that's done, double click it. GateKeeper will put up a dialog about apps downloaded from the internet, tell it to open the app. GateKeeper will check the signature and should open GnuCash, though for some users it doesn't. If that happens just double-click GnuCash's Finder entry again and it should open.

If that fails, try opening it from Terminal as follows: Open Applications:Utilities:Terminal. It will display a window with a prompt. At the prompt type
  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
(If you put it somewhere other than Applications adjust the path accordingly). If it still fails to open paste any output from Terminal into a reply. Please remember to copy the list when you reply.

Regards,
John Ralls