[GNC] Cashflow-like report to show realized and unrealized gains / balance sheet delta report

csingley csingley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:07:22 EST 2019

Setting aside my umbrage at GAAP-related gaslighting... Chary Chary, I think
what you're looking for is a custom report.  I believe GnuCash already
captures all the necessary data, it just doesn't treat unrealized as a
first-class citizen.

But for your purposes as I understand them, GAAP financial statements are
really a bit of a red herring.  You can do a lot better than GAAP compliance
for investment performance reporting!

Sadly, I lack the ability to knock up custom reports in Scheme that would
help fill this gap.  I'd be game to help anybody that does, though.  I'm
pretty familiar with the relevant calculations and their application to
performance reporting (this isn't really very difficult).

David Carlson-4 wrote