[GNC] Currencies not being converted

salmichaels foma.iksov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:43:47 EST 2019

I have just returned from overseas with laptop and now gnucash does not
convert currencies. I have some accounts in a foreign currency, others in
USD. In making reports or having a Total (USD) column, GC doesn't convert
the accts in foreign currency to USD, but just lists the amounts as if they
are US dollars. If I change the report currency to the foreign currency, it
handles it fine; it converts the USD accounts to the foreign currency, no
issues.

The program is set to default to local (US) currency, and was even when I
was overseas as far as I know. Now it is also set to local US. My local
settings on my computer are also set for the US. So yeah, I cannot for the
life of me figure this out.

thanks in advance!

-sal