[GNC] GNU generated report in HTML to XL

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:33:06 EST 2019

I had to paste this message into a different computer that is able send
G-Mail, so I hope I got all the good parts...

I was able to run a quick test using release 2.6.17 in Ubuntu 16.04 and
found that first, when I tried to save a P&L report in HTML format GnuCash
did not append a .html suffix.  In Linux this did not create a problem, but
Windows did not recognize the file as html.  Appending ".html" to the
filename solved that problem.

Once I had appended ".html" to the filename I could open it in Firefox or
whichever browser and I could get a nice printout directly or select all
[ctrl-A, ctrl-C] and paste [ctrl-V] into a waiting new LibreOffice 6.0.7.3
Calc doc in WIN 7.

Actually, I was unable to find a method that failed.  I cannot test WIN 10
or GnuCash 3.3 directly, so others will need to test those environments.

David C