[GNC] Car loan with downpayment using a credit card

Taymour A. El Erian telerian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:06:17 EST 2019

Hi,
I am very new to GNUCash so bear with me. I have setup my assets (bank
accounts, Car) and also my liabilities (Car loan, Credit Cards) and
imported all the transactions from my banking institutions and credit cards
too. I added the Car (asset and loan) later to the setup and now struggling
to get the down payment made for the car to show under the asset.
I made the down payment using 3 different cards and a cheque. As I said I
added the car loan later after setting everything up and all accounts are
balanced. Now I am trying to get those few months old down payment
transactions to show as split under the asset so that my liability would be
(total value - down payment - payments). Any help

*Taymour*