[GNC] [GNC-dev] Launchpad

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Thu Jan 3 21:10:01 EST 2019

Given Gnucash is a compiled binary, it will need to be compiled against
specific major versions of shared libraries. You need to have the
matching libraries available.

Building the package against the required versions of Ubuntu will be
required to link against the available versions of the libraries.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 21:51 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> Managed to give
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnucash/gnucash_3.4-
> 1_amd64.deb
> a quick try on 18.10 and it fails to install with lots of missing
> packages, and apt install -f just says it is going to remove the
> partially install gnucash again, which I think means the packages are
> not available on 18.10.  I assume it will be the same or worse on
> 18.04.
>
> Colin
>
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 21:46, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks.  I checked the trusty and others and they had older
> > versions.
> > So, maybe not so good news.
> >
> > But, if I can get his debian folder....
> >
> > On 1/3/19 1:34 PM, Colin Law wrote:

> > > Yes, on Ubuntu 18.10.  Note that I think this is intended for
> > > disco
> > > (19.04) so whether there will be problems with 18.10 or 18.04
> > > remains
> > > to be seen.  I can't try it till tomorrow though (it is late
> > > evening
> > > here in UK).
> > >
> > > Colin
> > >

> > --