[GNC] Tracking Reimbursable Medical Expenses

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:59:15 EST 2019

I have a Health Savings Account in the United States as part of a
high-deductible health insurance plan. It is an Asset account that holds my
income tax-deductible money for use on medical expenses only. Every so
often money is put into it:

Assets:HSA                        $10
        Revenue:Employer               $10

When I incur a medical expense, I use my personal credit card to pay for it:

Expenses:Medical             $5
        Liability:Credit Card             $5

After a while, I reimburse myself for the medical expenses that have
accumulated to date:

Assets:Chequing         $5
         Assets:HSA                     $5

The trouble with this is it doesn't track the current amount of unpaid
claims. Is there a way to work in an Assets:Accounts Receivable:Outstanding
Medical Reimbursements or something like that? I would appreciate any
feedback about how to deal with this situation. Thank you!

In Christ,
Aaron Laws