[GNC] Budget Reporting|Charting Questions and v3.4 Question

Andre Powell apowell656 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:38:43 EST 2019

GnuCash version - 3.4
OS - Ubuntu 18.10

I have recently moved back to using GnuCash after spending some time with
YNAB and moving entirely to Ubuntu. I must say that I am extremely happy
and almost regret not switching entirely to Linx before.

Is there a way (and if not I would propose this as a feature) to only
capture the parent items in the Budget Chart. I have set up a Multicolumn
view that I use as a dashboard that I review upon opening my file. It would
be great just to see planned vs. actual for income and expenses. When I
have tried to do this I only get a blank screen.

Secondly, it appears that adding columns in the budget is no longer
possible, and it can only be done on the accounts page. This would be
helpful in sorting the accounts by account code since there is no other way
to sort this out for the actual budget planning. I would add that the
budget and the budget report should mimic the same columns or at least have
the option to either display additional columns or not. A more minor
observation is that it including the same total information from the budget
functionality (the bottom totals) to the budget report would be helpful.

All the best and once again thanks for all of the hard work and
improvements to the software.

--
Andre