[GNC] new to gnucash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jan 5 16:53:43 EST 2019

Nothing counter-intuitive about it. It’s a matter of perspective.

People are used to hearing the bank telling them that putting money in their account is a ‘credit’ to their account. That’s correct for the bank, because your account is their liability. Increasing a liability is done with a credit.

But in your books, that account is an asset, which is increased by a debit.

Regards,
Adrien