[GNC] known bug in crash while editing reconciled transactions?

John Clements johnbclements at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 01:23:08 EST 2019

This bug might be reproducible, but I'd rather not spend the time if it's
already a known PR.

The issue is this: I reconciled a bundle of transactions. Then, I opened an
"edit" window, and changed the target accounts for a number of these
transactions. Then I walked away from the machine. About a day later, I
came back, and tried to import a QIF, and it crashed. That's not a big
deal, programs crash. When I restarted gnucash, though, I see that those
transactions are now listed as being unreconciled. Mercifully, I noticed it
quickly, and their amounts had also been deducted from the last reconciled
total, so fixing it was an easy matter of re-reconciling with the same
closing balance as before and ticking off all of the edited transactions.
No damage done, at least in this case, but it would have been very
unpleasant to have discovered days or years later.

So! Is this a known issue? If not, I'd be happy to try to reproduce it, and
then file a PR.

Best,

John Clements