[GNC] editing reconciled transactions changes reconcile status

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 7 18:18:55 EST 2019

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 07:34:35 -0800
John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> If you edit reconciled transactions GnuCash marks them unreconciled.
> The warning dialog told you that it would.
>
> I don’t see any crashes in the open bugs for the QIF importer, so if
> the crash was with GnuCash 3.4 please do file a bug report.

This morning I have Gnucash 3.4+ (2018-12-30) from Debian Sid.

I edited the Description of a Reconciled transaction and it became
unreconciled.
I did this from the relevant (bank) account.

From the same account I edited the transfer account (from one expense
to another) and the reconcilation status did not change.

I checked that re-reconciling the account would have the correct effect
- it was simply the transaction status which was changed.

Liz