[GNC] Loan Mortgage repayment assistant problem

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jan 7 23:18:58 EST 2019

> On Jan 7, 2019, at 3:14 PM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just had a scheduled transaction that was set up by the loan/mortgage
> repayment assistant appear with 0.01 Imbalance-USD.
>
> I would think that GnuCash should have an accuracy method that would
> prevent this from happening.  Is this a bug?
>
> I am using GnuCash 2.6.17 in Ubuntu 16.04 today.

The accuracy method is what created the imbalance entry. ;-)

There’s nothing in the SX system to pre-instantiate future scheduled transactions and ensure that they’re balanced. What would you have the check function do if it found an imbalanced case? How would you handle variables whose values are set by the user in the SLR dialog?

Regards,
John Ralls