[GNC] Deb 3.4.0.1 not working for me in ubuntu 18.04

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Jan 11 03:03:10 EST 2019

On Wed, 09 Jan 2019 12:36:46 +0100
Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> Indeed. Last time I checked (which is 10+ years ago already)
> checkinstall didn't do dependency tracking. What it does is recording
> everything that gets installed by 'make install' and wrapping that in
> a .deb package (or .rpm package for that matter).

There is an option to list "Depends" when you create the deb with
checkinstall.
From the man page
      --requires
                 Dependencies required by this package.
Checkinstall does not populate that data set, the user of checkinstall
needs to.

It is noted that checkinstall is not intended to build packages for
distribution, other tools are 'preferred'.

Liz