[GNC] GnuCash 3.2 Japanese Keyboard

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 13 11:17:43 EST 2019

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 10:39 PM, Thomas Reich <ThomasR75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have exactly the same problem now. I've made no changes to my system or
> gnucash and prior it worked fine, but suddenly it only shows Kanas and
> ignores all IME settings. I then updated to Gnucash 3.4 but no change. Prior
> I was on 3.1 and it worked until today. Is there a solution for this?
>
> As a sidenote, I had the same problem for Geany and never found a fix. I
> would only do it intermittendly. Using Pycharm now and no more problems. I'm
> afraid no such alternative for Gnucash exists, so would love to know a
> solution.]

We raised an issue last fall and got Fan Chun-Wei to fix the Windows IME in Gtk. Unfortunately there was a hiccup with the build server updating Gtk and that didn’t make it into 3.4. I fixed that and the (Korean) user who originally reported the problem says that the nightly builds from last weekend now work. Please try one, https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint <https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint>.

If you can get the Geany folks to make a Windows build with gtk-3.24.2 it should work there as well.

Regards,
John Ralls