[GNC] no entry point found (windows 7)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:38:13 EST 2019

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 11:57 AM Alan via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Hi, have used 2.6 version, then tried to update to 3.3, an 3.4. But when
> try to open gnucash, I get the following;What do i need to do to get it to
> work?  This is on a laptop with windows 7 professional.thanks for the
> help  alan

For those who didn't see the screenshot of the message, it says:

> "The procedure entry point InflateValidate could not be located in the
> dynamic link library zlib1.dll."

Did the installer remove the old version of GnuCash when you upgraded? Try
uninstalling and then installing the new version. (Someone with more
experience than I can weigh in on whether you should use an uninstall
utility such as the free Revo Uninstaller.)

Also go to http://www.gnucash.org/ and follow the link on the home page and
be sure you're installing a good copy of the official application.
Occasionally files can get corrupted while downloading. Also if it came
from an unofficial source it's possible someone modified it.

I rarely use Windows, so please be sure to reply to the list and let
everyone know what worked (or not).

-----