[GNC] Bootstrapping and Company Ownership.

jason jasonong713 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:11:08 EST 2019

Good morning,

Currently, I am learning to have a legal entity (I am 19 years old, 21 years
old is the minimum legal age to have a legal entity). Which allows me to
have access to Series A Funding and so on.

My goal is to use GnuCash to record Company Ownership.

I am planning to bootstrap this company early (January, 2019) with $100,000.

Thus, the journal entry

1. Cash DB $100,000
2. Paid-in Capital:Jason CR $100,000

*However, I have a question, how do you properly manage the Company
Ownership?*

By the time I reach 21 years old, I will register my company as legal
entity. Thus, Series A Funding.

I am willing to let go 20% of Company Ownership to an Invenstor or some
Investors at $5,000,000 valuation (Cash DB $1,000,000). *How should I record
this and what account should I make?*

-Jason