[GNC] Tax Issues

Mike stagl M_Stagl at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:51:04 EST 2019

I'm using GnuCash 3.3 on Debian 9.

I have an existing GnuCash file from 2018 that I would like to modify
to start using the the Tax Reporting features of GnuCash.  It doesn't
appear to be working.  Here is what I have tried.

Edit -> Tax Reporting Options
I EDIT Income Tax Identity to Individual (U.S. Form 1040) and enter a
name like "Tax"; select an expense account; click Tax Related checkbox;
 I pick a form from Schedule E on the list; and I click OK.

When I view the accounts tab, the Tax Info column displays "Tax Entity
Type Not Specified".  Also, the Tax Report from the Reports menu comes
up with no data (it says I need to enter the Tax Report Options dialog
to set up tax Entity Types).

I see a few comments about the tax stuff not working from time to time,
I am wondering what the latest is in version 3.3.

Any ideas?  Thanks everyone!

Mike