[GNC] Copying settings, layout, and colors to another computer

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jan 18 17:07:03 EST 2019

You should have copied:

~/your_data_files
~/.local/share/gnucash
~/.local/share/gtk-3.0
~/.config/gnucash
~/.config/gtk-3.0

If that 2nd directory did not exist, then your GTK3 installation probably hadn’t a need to create it yet. Your custom CSS file (if you made one) should reside in the 4th location above. If you were concerned with *cleaning* your installation as I noted in an earlier reply, then I would have left this one out anyway.

As for account colors, I’m not sure on that one. Those should be stored with the book itself. Did you double check all of your preference settings and do they match on both machines? Perhaps one machine has the custom account colors preference turned off. (that should have migrated properly though, odd only one preference is different)

Finally, when replying to a digest message, *please* strip out the parts of the digest that aren’t relevant to your topic. I just had to delete about 6 feet of text before sending this.

Regards,
Adrien