[GNC] Need help setting up OFX. Getting Signer not found on 2 different banking entities? Do I need a certificate?

socaldood04 yappyboi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 20:05:06 EST 2019

Hi all,

I see this issue from GNUCash. The same accounts are downloading fine on
Quicken 2017.

Both fidelity and vanguard returned the same error.  It appears there's
something wrong in my setup. Is there a missing certificate I need to get?

AqBanking v5.7.8.0stable
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Locking user xxxxxxxx
Sending request...
Connecting to server...
Resolving hostname "vesnc.vanguard.com" ...
IP address is "192.175.192.161"
Connecting to "vesnc.vanguard.com"
Connected to "vesnc.vanguard.com"
Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-128-CBC:SHA1
TLS: Warning - The server has chosen unsafe SSL-Ciphers!
Signer not found
Certificate is not trusted
Connected.
Sending message...