[GNC] Crash on startup MacOS Mojave. GnuCash version 3.3

peter_cd.cn peter_cd.cn at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:13:32 EST 2019

Environment:
GnuCash Version: 3.3,
Build ID: 3.3+(2018-09-29)
Using XML saving data.
File structure under my local saved data:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378446/file-structure.jpg>
MacOS version: 10.14.2

Repo steps:
* New Gnucash user.  Heavily using it today, imported four QFX files today,
and used generic importer to choose transfer account.
* Edited a few account after import.
* Crashed while editing a transfer account in the register view
* reopen Gnucash and got warning says the LOC file exist, and chose "open
anyway".
* More editing and made sure I was able to save and quit.
* Click on online banking setup and was going to use aqofxdirect wizard.

Notice Gnucash crash.  Now it is just crash on startup.  No error message in
Console under user report.
Terminal error:
/Applications/Gnucash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
Application Path /Applications/Gnucash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

(process:6855): gnc.gui-WARNING **: 18:56:48.605: [mac_set_languages()]
Language list: en:en_US:C:zh_CN:zh_TW
Found Finance::Quote version 1.47
[1]    6855 segmentation fault
/Applications/Gnucash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

More background.  When I first tried Gnucash in December last year I was
using previous major OS release - High Sierra.  It was doing crash on
startup.  I updated to Mojove and installed a newer version Gnucash.  Crash
stopped.

I only used a this software for a day and got myself familiar with it, it
crashes again.  I really hope this would work, I am trying to build a
solution for our family needs with open source solution instead of using
Quicken product.

How can I pass this crash on login?  Will I lose any of my data?  I spend a
lot time working on the input of the data.

Thanks,
-Peter