[GNC] Loan/Mortgage payments with "adjusted" principle (eg after an extra principle payment), SOLVED

peter_cd.cn peter_cd.cn at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:52:37 EST 2019

I am in a similar boat as you and glad that I found your solution.  When I
try to use your function, I get an error in the "Edit Schedule Transaction"
window.  Basically saying GNUCash doesn't know the function "imptFixed" and
other "*Fixed" functions.

"An error occurred while processing imptFixed( )".

I am using a MacOS and put the user.config under /Volumes/Macintosh
HD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/GnuCash

Another question, when setting up a new Loan with the Mortgage Assistant
program, I should use the current balance, not the original loan amount.
What about the term left?  I have a 180 months loan, and it has 163 month
left(based on default payment schedule).  Should I put 163 or calculated the
month by my "adjusted" monthly payment value.

Thanks,