[GNC] I can't get the budget feature to work.

wheelercsg-lists at yahoo.com wheelercsg-lists at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 11:02:20 EST 2019

Lorrie,

I've seen this problem in GnuCash 2.6; I don't know whether it has
changed in 3.x:

Make sure that you have only one account of type Expense and one account
of type Asset at the top level of your accounts. If you have more than
one, then the budget function doesn't work as you've described.

You can check this by going to the Accounts tab, right-clicking (in
Windows, might be different on a Mac?) on each top-level account, and
selecting "Edit Account". This will open an options window for the
account. The account type is at the lower left.

Hope that helps.