[GNC] lost data

John Sears johndsears at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 19:38:15 EST 2019

Hi All,

A few months ago,  I moved the location of my GNUcash file (along with
the addressing of the associated linked files - you may remember a post
about this).  I have been living a fairly hectic life since,  moving
country, massively downsizing  etc, and a fairly annoying pc problem.  I
am sure that I did a lot of work on  GNU Cash  in Q4, but noticed the
other day that all of these transactions were missing and that my
GNUCash was pointing at an old GNUCash file.  I've looked everywhere on
my computer and USBs for the file that I think might contain the
transactions that I am sure I put in  ( It was a lot of work, so I don't
want to just retype them again), but I just cannot find the file.

I notice that GNUCash highlights the  last 4 files that have been opened
( under the file tab) .  Is there a way to see all the files that have
been opened historically and their location in the file directory.  I
just cannot find the correct file or any logs for the data that I
entered in Q4, and at least if I know the possible paths, I might be
able to ascertain if the data has somehow managed to be deleted from
that location, and then determine my way forward

Thanks!

john