[GNC] Reconciliation is not adding up correctly - what to do??

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 09:41:48 EST 2019

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 7:28 PM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> I understand perfectly what you are saying. My point was I read the post to be a confusion in terms. I understood the OP to mean ‘opening balance’ to mean the opening balance transaction in the account, *not* the ’starting balance’ of the reconciliation. In fact, Gnucash uses the term ’Starting Balance’ in the reconciliation dialogs, not ‘Opening Balance’.

Indeed, terminology. To my mind, when I create an account, it is empty. Thus, a zero balance. Then, I create an opening balance entry, which is a transaction that will need to be reconciled. So, a clarification of terms. And, what I was calling “Opening Balance” below was really the reconcile “Starting Balance” which at some point should have been zero. We’ll have to figure out what the OP meant once they reply back!

David