[GNC] Migrating from AceMoney

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:35:23 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 3:10 PM Bucky Carr <bcarr at purgatoire.org> wrote:

> What forms of accounts file export can you do in AceMoney?
>
> On 1/28/2019 1:54 PM, Jason Voss wrote:
> > My wife stayed on Windows much longer than I did but I have recently
> moved her to a MacBook Air.Now I'm trying to get her a basic checkbook
> register app to replace AceMoney Lite and I'm looking at Gnucash for this
> purpose.
> > We have several years of historical data in .amj files on a Network
> Attached Server (NAS) and I'd like to verify whether Gnucash can read
> these, or if they can be imported and then used by Gnucash.
> > Any insights or advice is much appreciated.
> > Thanks,Jason

I think that QIF imports may still be preferred if you can export to that
format, but definitely experiment freely first and develop a detailed plan
before committing.  If you can run a sample GnuCash file in parallel with
your old software for a while, that may help you decide whether to include
all your history when you convert.

David C