[GNC] Upgrade Path from version 2.6.16 on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and beyond

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jan 29 11:03:30 EST 2019

Op dinsdag 29 januari 2019 15:28:01 CET schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> > I'm curious: what are the names of the two directories that were created ?
> > Or in other words, how are those names decided on MacOS ?
> >
> > As far as I know on linux and Windows the names are hardcoded to use the
> > compile time application name unless overridden by setting GNC_DATA_DIR
> > and
> > GNC_CONFIG_DIR environment variables. The latter (GNC_CONFIG_DIR) is only
> > introduces in GnuCash 3.4.
> >
> > Geert
>
> The names matched the app name. (not including the .app extension of course)

App name as in "GnuCash" and "GnuCash-2" as in your earlier example ? That's
interesting but puzzling as I don't see anything in the code that would make
that happen. The default directory is hardcoded to GnuCash as of gnucash 3.x.

Perhaps John does some magic to change this in the MacOS integration repo.

Regards,

Geert