[GNC] Upgrade Path from version 2.6.16 on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and beyond

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:54:07 EST 2019

Progress notes on upgrade:

I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-2.6.21-3.dmg this morning and dragged-and-dropped Gnucash.app into my Applications folder after renaming the earlier version.

The verification failed when I tried to run the App.

I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-3.4-1.dmg also, and went through the same procedure. It appeared not to run, so I tried running it from the command line thus...

/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

…and got the following:

Application Path /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

(process:23502): gnc.gui-WARNING **: 16:10:17.947: [mac_set_languages()] Language list: en:en_GB:C

As I’d renamed the directory where my .gnucash files are stored, I got a warning about this, and once I’d made a new copy of this directory the program ran as normal.

Is there any significance in the WARNING above?

I’ll have another go at downloading and installing 2.6.21 and report back.

Regards,

Michael