[GNC] Gnucash leadership team

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 31 10:25:19 EST 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Cricket Onebit wrote:

> Before I commit to a very large conversion from Quicken, I want to know
> that GnuCash will continue to be around and maintained.

Well, of course, given the extent of climate change we have no idea what
will happen with GnuCash. :-)

Seriously, look at the wikipedia article
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnuCash> which reports that it began in 1997.
And that's when I started using it. (Disclaimer: I switched my business and
personal bookkeeping to a different system in 2003 when I changed from Red
Hat to Slackware. Came back to GC for both in 2016.)

'Sup to you what you use to keep your books. Given the support and price
differential ($0.00 compared to ... how much?) the decision should be easy.

Rich