[GNC] cut/paste problem in 3.4?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 1 17:23:26 EDT 2019

Might indeed be a stray cosmic ray, or temporarily insane electrons, but this stood out for me:

> Earlier when I saw the problem, the cut did work,
> the transaction vanished from the source account, but
> when I pasted it into the destination account, it magically appeared again
> in the source account but not the destination account.

My first suspicion would be a mouse/window focus problem. It did paste it, but not in the window you were expecting it to. Since you can paste into emacs, the problem is either intermittent, or somehow limited to GnuCash.

I do know GnuCash on MacOS at least, has a focus problem where you must click the title bar sometimes to get it to accept input even though the window ‘appears’ to be in focus. If that’s your OS, do a search for some threads in the last 6-8 months and something might pop up. I think though this isn’t a GnuCash bug, but a GTK+ bug. (if I recall correctly.)

Maybe do a trial with clicking the GnuCash title bar first, then pasting, and see which window it gets pasted into.

Regards,
Adrien