[GNC] cut/paste problem in 3.4?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:24:21 EDT 2019

It looks to me like the paste actually worked fine, but it was not edited
to show the account where you wanted it.  Try adding a split line assigned
to the desired account first.  Of course, then you might as well save, jump
to the other account, copy the other account name over the undesired
account name, re-save and delete the extra line and save again.

That works fine.  You could also navigate to the same transaction in the
General Ledger, for example, and directly change the account name there.

Lastly, you could also request a new feature to automatically check the
account name when pasting a complete transaction into an account register
and throw up a dialog asking whether you want to paste 'as is' or change
the anchor account to match the account register that you are trying to
paste into?

David Carlson

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 3:55 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Have you tried pasting into something like a plain text editor after
> cutting? Perhaps the clipboard is not picking up the ‘cut’ but GnuCash is
> still removing the data.
>
> Anytime I have a pasting problem I always test in a plain text editor to
> see if that is the issue.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Jul 1, 2019, at 3:30 PM, Paul Kinzelman <paul at kinzelman.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just tried cutting a transaction in one account, and I saw it vanish.
> > I went to another account, pasted it, and it wasn't there, it had
> > gone back to the account where it was before I cut it.
> >
> > So I carefully repeated the cut/paste and it did that again.
> >
> > So I deleted it from the one account, and typed it in manually into
> > the other account and it worked.
> >
> > Has anybody else seen anything like this?

David Carlson