[GNC] Employees function fields

Scott A. Wozny sawozny at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 14:24:03 EDT 2019

Hi Derek,

Thanks very much for the clarification.

Scott

________________________________
From: Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com>
Sent: July 2, 2019 4:38 PM
To: Scott A. Wozny
Cc: gnucash-user
Subject: Re: [GNC] Employees function fields

Hi,

"Scott A. Wozny" <sawozny at hotmail.com> writes:

> GNUCash Gurus,
>
> I have a couple questions about the Employees section of GNUCash.  I
> have gone through all the available online documentation I was able to
> find and tried searching the list archives but wasn’t able to locate
> what I needed so I thought I’d try posting to the list.
>
> 1) What is the purpose of the Username field when creating a new user.
> If the employee is uniquely identified by the Employee Number field,
> what does the Username field add / do differently?

Nothing.  It was put in for future features which have never been
implemented.

> 2) What is the Credit Account field in the Billing section for?  At
> first I thought it would be the credit account for vouchers (i.e. the
> A/P liability) but that seems to be handled at the point I post a
> voucher and this field only allows me to choose accounts of type
> Credit Card so I’m at a loss as to its purpose. The docs don’t say
> anything about it other than that it exists so I thought I’d inquire
> here.

It would be for an employee's credit card.  I.e., if the employee has a
company card, this would be the card's account.  It's used in the "Cash"
vs "Card" option in an expense voucher.  Cash implies pay the employee
by check.  Card implies pay the card.

> Thanks very much,
>
> Scott

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek at ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com<http://www.ihtfp.com>