[GNC] Import Price from CSV Bug?

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 13:52:21 EDT 2019

Hi all-

I have been using the Import Price from CSV function successfully up
through and including v3.5 (both Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint 19).

I have set my input file/mapping to:

   - CUSIP --> Commodity From
   - Shares --> None
   - Market Value --> None
   - Price --> Amount
   - Date --> Date
   - Commodity From --> {blank}
   - Currency To --> USD

After upgrading to 3.6, the saved mapping looks like this:

   - CUSIP --> None
   - Shares --> None
   - Market Value --> Amount
   - Price --> Date
   - Date --> None
   - Commodity From --> {blank}
   - Currency To --> USD

In addition, after re-setting the mapping, I am still left with an error
message: "Please select a 'From Namespace' column or set a Commodity in the
'Commodity From' field."

I didn't see anything in the Release Notes that jumped out as being
relevant, so I'm not sure how to proceed here. I can update the CSV as I am
creating it using a bash script to extract from the OFX file from my
financial institution, but - again - not sure what to update it to.

I really value the CSV price import because none of the assets in this file
are publicly available.

Thanks,
Robin