[GNC] gnucash 3.6 -- reports -- "URL cannot be shown"

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jul 7 13:33:58 EDT 2019

From your efforts so far, I suspect you’re comfortable doing some Find operations in text documents? If so...

Test an account or two (but not too many) and note their account names.

Check the tracefile again and make note of the new UUIDs that could not be found.

Make a copy of your data file to work from.

As it is XML, of course it is plain text, but it might be compressed. Use tar in that case to uncompress it.

Do a search in the XML file for the UUIDs that couldn’t be found. (that should fail)

Then do a search in the XML for the account names that failed, find their UUIDs in that section of the XML and you should notice, they don’t match what the trace file reported.

If they don’t match, something changed your account UUIDs. (are these saved reports your are running? There was also a bug for this I believe, certainly a list thread)

If this is a saved report configuration, try running a fresh version. (from the regular report menu, not a saved configuration) If the account links work, then I would open the saved report, edit the Options > Accounts and reselect your desired accounts. (maybe try one at a time) Then re-save the configuration and test it again. If all is well, continue re-assigning accounts to your saved configurations and updating them, or else just trash them and make new ones.

Alternatively, you could edit the saved reports manually, but I think that is going to be more time consuming and trouble. (I don’t think the names are stored with the report at all, only the UUIDs, so you’d have to know the old UUIDs to map the replacements properly)

You should probably also file a bug in the Reports section. If the UUIDs were changed in one place but not another(the data file, but not saved reports), it can be of course ‘problematic’ as you have noticed.

----

Also, which version were you using prior and which one did you update to?

----

I have to step out for a bit, but I’ll check back in a few hours on any updates you might have.

Then