[GNC] Transaction matching on import

Patrick plafratt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 05:01:42 EDT 2019

Have you tried this?

In the next-to-last step of the CSV import wizard (the window is labeled
"Match Transactions"), double-click the transaction you want to manually
match and this will bring up a new window that will allow you to manually
match to an existing transaction.

One limitation of this approach seems to be that I am not able to update
the amount field of an existing transaction, as it doesn't give me the
option to match with an existing transaction that has a different amount
value, even if all of the other fields (including Transaction ID) are the
same. I am able to use this approach to update the description field of an
existing transaction, for example.

I am using GnuCash version 3.6.

Regards,
Patrick