[GNC] gnucash 3.6 -- online price quotes retrieval not working

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:33:03 EDT 2019

PLEASE trim your messages to remove extraneous topics before posting them
to the list. My answer appears below yours

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 8:28 AM Bruno Barros <chop88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A while back my online quotes stopped working. I've gone through several
> updates of gnucash and have kept finance::quote updated as well but I get
> errors every time I try to update the security prices.
> Anyone else still having this issue? Or have they found a solution I
> haven't?
>
> Thanks
> Bruno

You may have missed seeing the numerous discussion topics on this list
after Yahoo changed their quoting system.

Start with this FAQ entry:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F

Be sure to read the next FAQ entry if the quotations seem to be set up
correctly but are generating errors when you run them.

If the FAQ doesn't address your issue, try pointing to the list archives
using your preferred search engine.
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Searching_the_List_Archives

and as always...