[GNC] "No quotes retrieved. Finance::Quote isn't installed properly.", but it is (macOS)

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Wed Jul 10 01:15:54 EDT 2019

On 2019-07-09 20:13, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Jul 9, 2019, at 6:22 PM, Jim DeLaHunt <list+gnucash at jdlh.com> wrote:
>>
>> ...Is it still accurate, 10 years later, that "gnucash doesn't like being run with --add-price-quotes from the command line on a mac"? If so, then I think there ought to be a) a bug report on the problem, and b) a wiki note about this in <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes>.
> ...I think the problem is that GnuCash isn't able to find gnc-fq-check when run from the command line. That's a side effect of the Mac application bundle API, and I guess it means that it's still true that "gnucash doesn't like being run with --add-price-quotes from the command line on a mac", at least when it's installed as an app bundle. ....

Is it reasonable, then, to file a bug report about "Gnucash fails when
run with with --add-price-quotes from the command line on a mac"? And to
modify the wiki page on Online_quotes accordingly?  I can understand it
not working, but I'd like to have this problem documented for others.

Thank you for the clarification.
       —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)